Amazon Video games has partnered with the Japanese developer Bandai Namco to publish its on-line fantasy recreation Blue Protocol exterior of Japan in 2023.
The collaboration was introduced throughout the 2023 Recreation Awards ceremony, livestreamed from the Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles on Thursday night.
In-game, you’re an adventurer who’s traveled to an unknown world in an try and discover a technique to save the planet Regnas from its imminent destruction. Gamers can choose one among 5 character courses, with in depth customization choices, and both play alone or in teams with a real-time, combo-based fight system.
Blue Protocol is deliberate for launch in Japan within the spring of 2023, with a community take a look at on Jan. 14-16. Amazon will take over localization and publishing duties for the title in North America, Europe, South America, Australia, and New Zealand. In all places, Blue Protocol will likely be free to play on PC, Xbox Sequence X|S, and PlayStation 5.
“Bandai Namco On-line has created a world of the very best high quality with a compelling story that can construct neighborhood and immerse gamers in an action-packed journey,” wrote Christoph Hartmann, Amazon Video games VP, in an official press launch.
“As anime continues to rise in reputation globally, we stay up for bringing Blue Protocol to gamers within the West subsequent yr.”
This yr’s Recreation Awards ceremony was comparatively brief in comparison with 2021’s, and featured the standard rapid-fire supply of a number of large new recreation bulletins, with occasional pauses to provide out an award.
Different Pacific Northwest information out of this yr’s Recreation Awards included:
- The Vancouver, B.C.-based group behind the 2018 indie hit Celeste reincorporated in 2019 as Extraordinarily OK Video games. Its subsequent mission, a “Metroidvania” referred to as Earthblade, made its public debut on the GAs with a brief trailer and a launch date of 2024.
- Ken and Roberta Williams’s Colossal Cave 3D has an official launch date: Jan. 19.
- Seattle’s Polyarc Video games gained Finest VR/AR Recreation for its newest recreation, the VR journey Moss: Ebook II.
- The Nintendo unique Bayonetta 3 took the Recreation Award for Finest Motion Recreation.
- The Bayonetta builders additionally introduced a prequel, deliberate to debut on March 17, referred to as Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Misplaced Demon, which is a top-down, water-colored action-RPG set throughout Bayonetta’s childhood. Like Bayonetta 3, Origins seems to be a Swap unique.
- Nintendo additionally collected Recreation Awards for Most Anticipated Recreation (The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom), Finest Household Recreation (Kirby and the Forgotten Land), and Finest Multiplayer (Splatoon 3). Nintendo of America’s Doug Bowser was readily available to simply accept the awards on the corporate’s behalf.
- Microsoft’s interactive journey As Nightfall Falls took the Video games for Influence award, which is given to releases that “take care of essential social points.”