One decade after its debut, Toxic Games is excited to announce it’s working on a fresh version of Q.U.B.E., the celebrated brain-twisting first-person puzzler that first launched back in 2012.
Appropriately titled Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary,this brand new release will bring refined visuals and, in some places, completely redesigned and revised sections to all of the content that launched in both the original release, and 2014’s Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut – which itself added a completely new story by award-winning writer Rob Yescombe.
Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary will also include new content, including an entirely brand new chapter called Sector 8, featuring an additional 4-6 hours of gameplay unlocked after the main campaign has been completed.
All in all, Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary is set to serve as the ultimate celebration of Q.U.B.E.’s ten-year run, and will also mark the first time the franchise has appeared on the latest consoles, launching on Steam, Epic Games Store, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch this Summer. It’s debut will coincide nicely with the launch of 2018’s follow-up Q.U.B.E. 2, which is making the leap from PC to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S for the first time in the game’s history.
“We’ve built Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary entirely from scratch,” says Dave Hall, Creative Director. “We didn’t just want to paint on some prettier visuals to the game – we wanted to completely reimagine Q.U.B.E.’s world and offer fans, new and old, a fittingly significant improvement in visual quality. We’ve also listened to the amazing feedback we’ve had over the course of the last ten years to fix some of the puzzles we found just didn’t work as we’d intended, as well as adding a completely new chapter, Sector 8. We can’t wait to see what people make of it all.”
- Q.U.B.E. – The original 2012 version of the game with improved visuals, new puzzles and gameplay tweaks from player feedback
- Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut – The 2014 version of the game with a voice-over narrative and revised soundtrack
- Sector 8 – A whole new chapter to the game, unlocked after completing the campaign. This provides 4-6 hours of brand new puzzle gameplay
- Fresh visuals, with the game entirely rebuilt from the ground up
- Brand New Developer Commentary – The dev team reminisces about how they made the game
- Assorted Extras – Screenshots, concept art, fully playable soundtracks in the menus, and other trinkets from the making of the game.
Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary will launch on PC (Steam/Epic Games Store), Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch this Summer.