REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jun 9, 2022–
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following content:
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220609005380/en/
Mario Strikers: Battle League will be available on June 10. (Graphic: Business Wire)
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Mario Strikers: Battle League – Lace up those cleats because it’s time to get gritty in the Mario Strikers: Battle League game for the Nintendo Switch system! Select among familiar faces from the Mushroom Kingdom, including Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong and Toad, and play locally* with up to eight players or Strike against the competition online!** Deploy deeper strategies by donning special gear to vary your stats, including increased scoring potential, or up your strength to resist tackles. Once you’re geared up, gather your friends together in the online-only Strikers Club mode and shove your way up the rankings each season. Do you have what it takes to be the ace of Strike? Mario Strikers: Battle League will be available on June 10.
- Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles – Relive memorable moments from the hit anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba through the eyes of its protagonist, Tanjiro Kamado. In this action game, you’ll follow the anime’s story from the Unwavering Resolve Arc – where Tanjiro joins the Demon Slayer Corps – to Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train, which features the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku. Face off against demons from the anime series with graphical effects that faithfully re-create the iconic battle techniques in full 3D. Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles will be available later today.
- Freshly Frosted – What’s your favorite donut? Sweet and sprinkled, a jolly jelly-filled, perhaps a marvelous maple bar? What about one shaped like a pumpkin, a snowflake or a star? Journey through this sweet sensation accompanied by soothing narration, eye-catching themes and more than 144 puzzles to bake your way through. Discover many a whimsical shape as you explore a sweet skyscape of pastry possibilities in Freshly Frosted, available on June 10.
- Digital Spotlight
- Games With Friends – National Best Friends Day is this week, so why not engage in quality time with those special people in your life with some Nintendo Switch games? Groove to the beat with pals in Just Dance 2022 and show off your fancy footwork across 40 tracks, including chart-topping hits like “Love Story (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift and “Happier Than Ever” by Billie Eilish. Or, if you’re planning a game night with your besties, cue up Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics and enjoy a collection of 51 diverse games from around the world featuring familiar favorites like Chess and Darts, and even international hits like Mancala. Just Dance 2022 and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics are both available now in Nintendo eShop.
- Accessorize for Strike – Kick off a summer of Strike with this Mario Strikers: Battle League sports bag, available today! Carry your essential sports gear in this multipurpose drawstring backpack that’s suitable for all ages. My Nintendo members can redeem 600 My Nintendo Platinum Points to get this new reward. For more information, please visit https://my.nintendo.com/.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
* Additional games, systems and/or accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Games, systems and some accessories sold separately.
** Any Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. https://nintendo.com/switch-online
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch family of systems, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
With a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, players get access to even more benefits, including a library of Nintendo 64 games with newly added online play for up to four players (additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately), Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise DLC, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC and retro SEGA Genesis games.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward—categories for more details.
Remember that the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo Switch players who register a Nintendo Account gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about parental controls on Nintendo Switch and other features, visit https://play.nintendo.com/parents/crash-courses/parental-controls/ and https://www.nintendo.com/switch/. For all other systems please visit https://support.nintendo.com/.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220609005380/en/
CONTACT: Eddie Garcia
KEYWORD: WASHINGTON UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL ONLINE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY WOMEN ONLINE RETAIL TEENS MEN ELECTRONIC GAMES FAMILY SOFTWARE ENTERTAINMENT CONSUMER INTERNET MOBILE/WIRELESS
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 06/09/2022 09:00 AM/DISC: 06/09/2022 09:02 AM
Copyright Business Wire 2022.