REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords – In this standalone sequel to the award-winning RPG STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, the Sith Lords have hunted the Jedi to the edge of extinction and are on the verge of crushing the Old Republic. With the Jedi Order in ruin, the Republic’s only hope is a lone Jedi in exile struggling to reconnect with the Force. Lead a diverse crew of unique allies, make difficult choices with far-reaching consequences and decide your destiny. Will you follow the light side and save the Galaxy, or succumb to the dark side and bring it all down? Pre-order STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords today before the game launches on June 8.
- PAC-MAN MUSEUM+ – Play 14 legendary PAC-MAN titles like the classic PAC-MAN and PAC-LAND, as well as the newly included PAC-IN-TIME and PAC-MAN 256. Whether you love the original PAC-MAN’s side-scrolling action or the puzzle genre, this collection has something for everyone, including five titles that can be played with friends and family in local multiplayer mode. There are even games for two players to take turns, so everyone gets to enjoy PAC-MAN together!
- Card Shark – Cheat your way to the top of 18th-century French society in an adventure game full of cunning, intrigue and delectable deceit. Master deceptions using card marking, false shuffles, deck switching and false deals! Use your ill-gotten gains to buy your way into the closed world of high-stakes tables.
- Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery – There is more than what meets the eye, for every painting has a story to tell. Behind the Frame is a vivid, interactive fiction about an aspiring artist on the cusp of finishing the final piece of her gallery submission. As a passionate artist, seek the missing colors that will bring your paintings to life – all while remembering to take the occasional coffee and breakfast breaks that keep you going.
- Teach Your Parents a Thing or Two – Looking to spend some quality time with your family this week in honor of the Global Day of Parents? Why not throw them a party … with Mario and friends! Mario Party Superstars on Nintendo Switch brings back five classic boards from the Nintendo 64 Mario Party games and 100 minigames spanning the entire series. Both Mario Party mode and the minigame extravaganza Mt. Minigames can be played locally* or online**, so you can enjoy some nostalgic fun with your grown-ups – whether you live with them or not. Mario Party Superstars can be enjoyed by players of all levels, so you can teach your folks how to reel in a big payout in Cast Aways or be the last partygoer standing in Mushroom Mix-Up. Of course, it wouldn’t be a Mario Party without a little friendly competition, so don’t hesitate to humble them by stealing their stars, either. Plus, you can keep the party going with Super Mario Party for even more fun for everyone! Mario Party Superstars and Super Mario Party are both available now in Nintendo eShop.
- Mario Strikers: Battle League First Kick – The Mario Strikers: Battle League game launches on June 10, and for those of you looking to get a leg up on your competition, here is an early opportunity to help sharpen your skills! The Mario Strikers: Battle League First Kick*** demo event is now available to download for free in Nintendo eShop and in the My Nintendo Store, and is open to all Nintendo Switch Online members. The First Kick demo event includes access to exciting online** team battles, available June 3-5, plus a training mode and some pre-season “friendlies” to help you prepare for match day. Players without an existing Nintendo Switch Online membership can claim a free seven-day trial, even if they’ve used a free trial in the past, which will grant access to the Mario Strikers: Battle League First Kick demo event.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
* Additional games, systems and/or accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Games, systems and some accessories sold separately. Nintendo Switch Lite plays all games that support handheld mode.
** Any Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
*** Available to download until June 5. Only training and online matches are included.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch family of systems, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
With a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, players get access to even more benefits, including a library of Nintendo 64 games with newly added online play for up to four players (additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately), Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise DLC, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC and retro SEGA Genesis games.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo Switch players who register a Nintendo Account gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about parental controls on Nintendo Switch and other features, visit https://play.nintendo.com/parents/crash-courses/parental-controls/ and https://www.nintendo.com/switch/. For all other systems please visit https://support.nintendo.com/.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.